Monday, January 12, 2015

American Churches MUST Fight Against Racism


American Churches MUST Fight Against Racism
You have heard that Sunday is the most discriminated day in America. Most churches in America need a reawakening. I have often said that racism is still having a foothold because the Christians are either passively or actively supporting it. This is both for the blacks and whites, Hispanics and Asians etc. In some mixed areas, you have white churches and black churches. When a white person comes in, the black children of God look at him as a wolf amongst hares. One has to first acknowledge the existence of a problem before they can seek a solution. Unfortunately, some white people even tell you that there is no racism in America. The black people just want entitlement. They will add. When you hear anything like that, leave the individual; they are racist to the core. If anyone tells you that there is no racism in America, you should cut the conversation because they are the actors and enablers. This article is to tell you a few stories and then praise a church according to Genesis 4:7 that marked my spirit last Sunday. We should not only rebuke people; we should also praise them when they do something great.  
Firstly, let me state why I have the authority to talk against racism. I have kept more than 20 people in my house, and they have ranged from white to blacks to Hispanics, Christians and non-Christians, lesbians and straight. I have also given rides to people I meet by the road side who need rides without considering their colors. Actually, I have given rides to more white people than blacks. Some black people have sent white people to live with me for free. Nonetheless, I and others have not been treated nicely in most places because of the color of our skin rather than the content of our character.
A few years back, I invited a friend of mine to church. He said to me, “I have known you for years, and I have a huge respect for you. However, I have decided never ever to step my foot into any American church in this country.” He told me that, when he initially came to this country, he went to an all-white church. After some time, the pastor came to him and asked him if he had a family in their midst. Thinking he meant his blood family, he told the pastor that his family was in Africa. The pastor told him that he was sorry that he did not have a family here because “this church is a family church. We pretty much know everyone here.” He grasped him by the shoulder and pulled him up, as he pointed through the door in these words, “there is a church across the street there that will accept you.” My friend went back home and never ever ventured into any church.
One time I went into a church and sat down. The pews in front and behind me were full, but the one I was sitting on had only one person. That was me. The rest of the children of God were merely standing at the back rather than sit with me. I took out my camera and asked a lady to take me a picture. She took only me alone. I told her to retake it and include the two pews. She still surreptitiously left out the two pews, so I explained to her that I wanted to show the world what racism can do to a people. She then made an open appeal with those who were standing to come and sit down in the pew. That didn't flatter me at all because that is tolerance rather than acceptance.
Another time,  my neophyte-preacher-friend and I went to a village in North Dakota. She forewarned me that her people were not going to welcome me well because I will be the first black guy they would be interacting with face to face. I told her that I was curious to see their reaction, but that it was not going to bother me. When we went to her parents’ church, the parents received me well and other seniors, but that was it. We went to another church. That was where I was really shocked. Not a single person greeted me. Even when I went to shake their hands, they will turn around and start talking to someone else, or they will pretend they were fixing something on the wall. A little white girl even came and touched my skin to see if I stained. She said, “Mom, he does not stain.” I am talking here of 2005. The mother apologized to me and pulled her away. I pitied the poor woman, so I tried to crack a joke with her. She walked quickly, dragging her little girl away as if a pest was in their midst. Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
One time I was driving and saw a sign that said that, " we do no more accept new members," so I took a picture and called the church. I asked them why they were not accepting new members. They explained to me that most of the people trying to join the church are Hispanics, and they only come for the resources. They have drained all their resources, so they are no more accepting new members. 
Sometimes you see a job position in a church and apply, but they tell you that the position is filled. That same position will be there for the next 3-5 months, but each time you apply, they will always say that it has been filled, or they will make a fake excuse. You change your resume, use another email, and put a white picture there, they will ask you when you are available for interview. Then other times they will even prefer to give it to a non-Christian simply because he or she is white. In most cases, I always pray rather than make a deal because it will be dragging the name of Christianity and ultimately Christ in mud.
If American pastors were taking the stand on Sundays, this country would have been quite different. Why are were hating each other for nothing? As Christians, we should team up to carry the name of Christ to the extremities of the earth. While the church is discriminating, it is losing membership to Islam and other religions.  You should remember my law of oppression. 
Until then, I invite you to visit them any time you are here in Arizona.

St Arrey of Ntenako. 

“Bonyfish beware because the same net that caught the jawless fish, caught the cartilaginous fish” (Hamilton Ayuk). Beware earthly paradise seekers because there is a serpent in every paradise"(Hamilton Ayuk). "If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable." (I Cor 15:19). "It is not how well you know a person; it is how well you treat them that they will live longer and happier with you." Hamilton Ayuk. Idle people write, idler people read, and idlest people read and whine that idle people are taking their time (Hamilton Ayuk).

Dance for Jesus and you will never suffer?

Sesekou Arrey-Mbi, the honorable Mfor Ngbe of Atlanta,  This is your son speaking! This reply is in relation o the video above. I kn...