Thursday, December 25, 2014

The Black Parents and Their Excuses are Killing These kids.


It really pains my heart to see young black boys dying as antelopes during a hunting season. This is becoming painful to everyone because children should bury their parents and not vice versa. The black community has to be forceful with these issues. Rather than march unnecessarily, they should organize education sessions. Why was he walking with a loaded gun? I just don't understand how someone who goes to rob a store is a good kid. After he dies, all of a sudden he becomes Einstein who wanted to go to college. These are unnecessary excuses that veil the actual problem.
I had a black kid in my class. Actually, he was the only black kid, so I thought about being a mentor to him. A day after a basketball game, he will not show up in school. Every time I called home, his mother will tell me how he asked him to stay home because he was a little bit sore. Each time she gave me one excuse to another, and the kid was so rude to a point where it was difficult to deal with him. The last straw was when he was failing because he did not do his work, and he came for me to pass him. I told him to go and make up the work. Instead, he began to boast to me how in the next two years he will be in the NBA. He topped his arrogance with a threat, “I will tell on you. You know they gonna believe me." I saw in him someone who likes what he sees because any child or an adult who knows that he or she can tell a lie and get someone in trouble, that person is not a good person. I don’t care what you say!
It was the pattern with many. I did not say all, and I did not say white kids don’t do same for those of you who like histrionics. We can blame slavery all we want, blame the democrats all we want or even blame the white cops how we want, but there is still an elephant in the room.  I am also aware that the police will shoot at an African American kid faster than a white kid in the same situation. Nonetheless, our kids must do better. I read people alluding to the Bundy Confrontation, but they failed to allude to the The Waco Massacre 
When I try to help a white kid, he or she is very polite and grateful. The parents may not cooperate, but the kids are very cooperative. You ask a white kid why he or she is failing a class and he or she will explain to you. On the contrary, the black kid will reply to you, “That is none of your business. Gosh, you are so nosy!” Sometimes, I wonder if the rudeness is because of my accent but seeing different kids from different states with the same pattern leaves no doubt that it is a tradition and culture.
Look, why did Jawaad Jabbar in Ohio pull out a gun to rob another man of his Nike Air Jordan, yet people say he was a good kid? Words lose their meanings each time these teenagers commit a crime. Any kid who walks around with a gun, trying to rob others or shoot people without cause is not a good kid, truth be told!  
While Michael Brown’s execution has a cause for marches, these two do not. Even Eric Garner’s case is problematic. I doubt I will go to march for him. Why was he selling cigarettes in the street? Why was he always standing in the street? If he did not have a job, he could have gone back to the community college and get a trade. After graduation, his stocks could be higher or his chances better. Our people say that if a man does not want to be eaten by vultures, he should not die in the field. He knew that the police was watching him because people have called about him selling cigarettes there. He should not have given them any excuse to attack him.
The parents must cooperate with teachers. White teachers cannot rebuke the black kids for fear they are accusedof racism. The black teachers cannot for fear of abuse. The parents provide an excuse for everything. That is why we have the same mime reenacted day in day out in our streets. It is as a result of failed parenting. Do not sell me the old clich├ęs of slavery and no male figures at home. There are many Asian and African kids who grew up without a male figure. The mothers then should stop these excuses and cooperate with those who want to help their kids. Otherwise, they’ll bury them young. Our people say, "If a child does not find out what killed his father, that same thing will kill him too."
Until then, black parents must assume most of the blame in these kids’ deaths.

St Arrey of Ntenako. 

“Bonyfish beware because the same net that caught the jawless fish, caught the cartilaginous fish” (Hamilton Ayuk). Beware earthly paradise seekers because there is a serpent in every paradise"(Hamilton Ayuk). "If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable." (I Cor 15:19). "It is not how well you know a person; it is how well you treat them that they will live longer and happier with you." Hamilton Ayuk. Idle people write, idler people read, and idlest people read and whine that idle people are taking their time (Hamilton Ayuk).

Dance for Jesus and you will never suffer?

Sesekou Arrey-Mbi, the honorable Mfor Ngbe of Atlanta,  This is your son speaking! This reply is in relation o the video above. I kn...