Sunday, December 14, 2014

Sony executives: A Culture of Turncoats.



Americans make me laugh! See them acting like it is a strange thing to see those emails. It reminds me of an African adage, “every dog eats shit, but the one caught eating shit in public is the bad dog." This is a culture that holds in very high esteem the art of gossiping. When you talk with an American at work, in church or school and leave, you might not know what he or she will write behind your back. Gossiping and backstabbing is not only a Hollywood culture; it is ingrained in the daily lives of Americans. You should not be surprised that they did it themselves or there are Sonny people who are doing it. This North Korea accusation is fake; they just want a war with them. Someone in Sonny is doing that! Jeremiah once said, “And they will deceive everyone his neighbor, and will not speak the truth: they have taught their tongue to speak lies, and weary themselves to commit iniquity.”(Jer 9:5)
These Sony executives are being crucified because their emails have been leaked. Thanks to WikiLeaks and Snowden, you saw what the American ambassadors wrote about their host countries. I was standing one day with a group of teachers, and another teacher came with her dress she bought during the break. All the women there praised her how the dress was beautiful and gorgeous. Immediate after she left, all of them began to condemn the dress as ugly. "Who wears a dress like that to work?" They asked with laughter! They said how she is just in her marriage because she cannot get it better outside. I asked them why they did not tell her those things in her face. They unanimously told me that it is their culture; it is disrespectful to say things in people’s faces. They said that it was culturally normative to say it behind their backs, so you do not hurt their feelings. That is totally against the scripture that tells us to speak to people's faces. 
You talk with  a lady, and she tells you that she is happy seeing you.  She will say, "Please, always stop by to say hi, whenever you are chanced." When you stop by, she asks you questions and you reply. After you leave, she  complains that you are stopping by.    
I was volunteering in one hospital one time as a chaplain. The administrator told me that she hated to drive because it pained her body. In my capitalistic mindset, I thought to myself that it would be a wonderful opportunity to get many volunteer hours, so I proposed to her to call me anytime she needed a drive. I was shocked to hear from my supervisor that I told her I will drive her around. If not of Christ's sake, I would have walked to her office and told her that she was not even my type. The unfortunate thing is that she never ever showed that she was busy or did not want me there. Each time I saw her, she engaged me in a lengthy conversation. When I don't want someone around, I tell them that, " I am sorry, you always come when I am busy. What is the best time to reach you?"
Most people disguise their hate with words and smile graciously to you, but they bear the serpent underneath. However, if you tell someone the truth in their face, you will find favor from them in a long run (Prov 28:23). Solomon once said, “Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful (Prov 27:6)." That is why I say what I have in my heart, and let the chips fall where they may. After all, dying is gain but to live is Christ. No mortal, timely or untimely born, visible or invisible can pick my number, if God did not want it.
One time, I sent an email to a colleague and tracked it. She did not reply to me, but she forwarded it to other people. When I asked her if she saw my email, she said that she did not see it. Then I revealed to her that she forwarded it to people. She told me that it is against the law to spy on people. She did not even apologize for her misbehavior. Why do some people take pleasure in talking behind the backs of others? They are self-serving people whose bellies vomit flatteries to deceive the naïve.
When you read those Sony emails, you wonder how anyone will look at someone in their face and write those things they wrote about them. Amy Pascal is even saying how that is not who she is. It seems like a game to some of these people to talk behind people’s backs. Where do some people really keep their consciences? For some people, everything is verbal irony. We live in the latter days when those with itchy ears for flatteries outnumber the ones who want to hear the truth.
From the mouths of most people proceed lies and destruction; their throat is an open grave and their tongue is like a bait. By telling someone the truth, you may actually save them from embarrassment. If you don’t, you will be the one to be embarrassed as the Sony executives are now. How would they look at their victims in their eyes? No wonder the kids do not trust anyone nowadays. That is why I loved Bush; he was blunt with his opinions and mind. He gave it to you, and you had the choice to brew your choice of drink just as I am doing now. 
Nonetheless, it does not warrant them being fired. If everyone was fired for their mea culpa and peccadilloes, I wonder how many people will still have their jobs. Sinners should not be that quick to judge and condemn others for the very things they do themselves. Al Shaprton says that the woman has not been contrite enough because she joked about Obama. Did Obama himself with Sarkozy not talk evil against Netanyahu  under an open mic?  Jesse Jackson was caught disparaging Obama in 2008. We should be humble and merciful, seeing that we are not better. Those very people like Jolie they have derided, have done worst things to others like taking their husbands. Therefore, people should leave Amy Pascal alone! 

Until then, be honest with and about yourself  and others unto yourself and others.  

St Arrey of Ntenako


“Bonyfish beware because the same net that caught the jawless fish, caught the cartilaginous fish” (Hamilton Ayuk). Beware earthly paradise seekers because there is a serpent in every paradise"(Hamilton Ayuk). "If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable." (I Cor 15:19). "It is not how well you know a person; it is how well you treat them that they will live longer and happier with you." Hamilton Ayuk. Idle people write, idler people read, and idlest people read and whine that idle people are taking their time (Hamilton Ayuk).

Dance for Jesus and you will never suffer?

Sesekou Arrey-Mbi, the honorable Mfor Ngbe of Atlanta,  This is your son speaking! This reply is in relation o the video above. I kn...