Sunday, November 30, 2014

Ferguson Makes America the Laughingstock of The World.

“This one that you have not said anything; I wonder if you are now with those white people.”

I chuckled a little bit because it seems as if the Devil and God were jostling for positions in Ferguson. You really don’t know who is fighting for good or who is permeating evil. Initially, when this story broke out, I defended Brown. However, after seeing the video, I lost consideration for him. I think that it is important to talk about the behavior of many young African American boys. We cannot just sit quiet about their behavior. Brown was a thug who smoked weed, seized people’s property and aggressed a police officer. However, he was not supposed to die. I did not want to speak publicly because I am not an advocate of Jungle Justice. I am very conscious that sometimes the only recourse for an oppressed is violence, but the oppressed should beware the target of their wrath.  I did not like to see the town being destroyed and businesses of innocent people (who had perhaps no hand in it and were against the death) burnt down to ashes simply because they are white or foreigners.
Notwithstanding, I just do not understand how Darren Wilson could have been acquitted by the grand jury. He did nothing to deescalate the situation. Brown fled the scene, but he followed him. The argument that Wilson had to fire because his life was threatened is bogus; he had every means to leave and request for a warrant which he did not do. Video evidence showed that he fired while Brown was still fleeing. The law is against shooting a fleeing person. How was Brown threatening him when Wilson had the weapon and Brown was running away?  Even if Brown resisted arrest, Wilson had no right to fatally shoot him. Wilson was not chasing Brown because of the alleged strong armed robbery; he did so because of abuse of power. If Wilson was afraid of death, he would not have left his car to chase Brown. If Wilson was in danger, he would have called on the radio that he was in danger, but there was no such call. He did not file a police report as required after an incident like this. Wilson's medical report stated that he did not have any harm apart from a minor bruise on his cheek which did not warrant any hospitalization. He got married in between which tells you the state of his mind. Racism is a system, and it is ingrained in the dendrites of many in the United States.
The assistant prosecutor using the 1979 law that was ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court in 1985 showed at what level the white establishment in Missouri wanted to find Darren Wilson innocent. The constitution of the grand jury, mostly white was another thing to point out. May people blame AL Sharpton and Jesse Jackson for going to Ferguson? I think that they did a good thing because they are icons in civil rights. Without their efforts, the US would have been worse than it is nowadays. Holder is my role model. He has tried to defend and annihilate the class wars. He fought for both the whites and blacks, without minding their colors. He is a good man.
Nonetheless, we must avoid the us versus them mentality. Why would a black person hate a white person who has not done them any harm, or why would a white person hate a black person who has not done them any harm? If people want to hate you for nothing, let them do it; the Lord is our judge, so vengeance belongs to Him. Years ago, I had a white administrator who was very mean to me. During one of my visits to the hospital to pray for the sick, I met him, and he was very depressed. I encouraged him and asked to pray for him. He did not want to let me go. Then at last he said to me, “it seems I know you. He said, Man, life is short. Let me give you my card to call me.” He gave me the card, but I did not call him. I wanted God to work on his conscience because he hated me for no reason.
Another case was a white deacon who prevented his daughter from marrying a black guy. His daughter went and married two white guys in four years, and the marriages all went kaput. Meanwhile, the same girl had dated the black guy for 4 years, and she was only treated as a princess. I guess the father was happy with the outcome of her life. Joy knows no color or class.
As I go to different places, the young white kids receive and accept me with joy more than the black men and women. I have even been treated more kindly by white women than black women, but more kindly by older black men than older white men. The worst group that has treated me badly is the group of people who carry the Bible. "This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me." Mt 15:8. 

Therefore, while I will condemn what Darren Wilson did, I am not going to make all white people the scapegoats. Why should I condemn people who have only treated me with kindness and consideration simply because one person has done something bad to another black person? Don’t white people hurt other white people, and don’t black people kill other black people as flies in Chicago? That should even be a cause of alarm too. Black on black violence should have the same outcry as white on black violence.
Ferguson is a black-eye to all Americans because even North Korea is giving the US lessons on equality. Today, the United Nations just brought out an embarrassing report detailing injustice and inequality in the US. On what moral grounds does the US have again to invade any country or even run overseas to preach about equality? Shouldn't charity begin at home? The reason why world media always points out the lacunas in American justice is because the US is always trying to sermonize others about human rights and justice. You can never see a video like this one in America, despite her buffoonery about human equality. The law is blind, but the legal system in America like almost every other place in the world, sees by class, color sand sex. As for me, I don't care about color; I care about how a person treats me. If a white person treats me well, that is the person I will hang around with, and if a black person treats me well, that is with whom I will hang around. 

Until then, we must do all to stop this hatred because hate is like drinking poison and expecting your enemies to die!


St Arrey of Ntenako.
“Bonyfish beware because the same net that caught the jawless fish, caught the cartilaginous fish” (Hamilton Ayuk). Beware earthly paradise seekers because there is a serpent in every paradise"(Hamilton Ayuk). "If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable." (I Cor 15:19). "It is not how well you know a person; it is how well you treat them that they will live longer and happier with you." Hamilton Ayuk. Idle people write, idler people read, and idlest people read and whine that idle people are taking their time (Hamilton Ayuk).

Dance for Jesus and you will never suffer?

Sesekou Arrey-Mbi, the honorable Mfor Ngbe of Atlanta,  This is your son speaking! This reply is in relation o the video above. I kn...