Monday, November 3, 2014

An Angry Society Dies Young.


The rate at which people are angry these days just leaves me with an open mouth. A few days ago, I went into a bank to order a replacement card because I lost the other one. I was asked to sit somewhere. About 10 minutes later, an older gentleman came in and joined me. 10 minutes later, a representative comes out, pretended to ask who was first but instead looked to the corner of the older white guy and calls him. I was about to say that I was first. However, looking at the age of the man, I felt it sinful to fight for a position with him. He went with the lady. 5 minutes later, another representative came and called me to follow him. While talking to me, he noticed another older white guy and told me, “excuse me let me see what he wants." The older guy began to spit fire. He was angry that he “just left the bank with a stupid letter that was not issued on a letterhead.”
He was angry with the representative because he gave him the letter. I told him to relax. I said, “This is your moment of trial, so you should calm down. You may say things that you may regret." The bank representative took his letter to review and revise it. In his absence, we began to chat. He asked me how I could manage to be collected in the face of trouble or trial. As the man brought the letter to him, I was called in.
 
On my way in, an older white woman now took her turn to spit fire. She began to rant and rave that she had been standing there for 15 minutes, and “No one has acknowledged her, despite being with the bank for 25 years.” She swore that she was going to take out her account. I looked at the poor bank representative and wished him well. The lady who was treating my case told me that it is usual business here. She said that she does not understand why people get so angry these days. Almost everyone gets angry with every little thing. She said, “thank you for your patience. I wish many learn from you.” 
 
My dear friends, life has two faces. Whichever one it shows you, please take it patiently, so you can fight your way through. I had every right and reason to be angry because I was there before all of them, but it would be of no health value to be angry. Did you know that frequent anger increases your chances of a heart disease? Every time you get angry, your blood vessels constrict, and your stress hormones speed up your heart rate. At this time, the heart pumps more blood faster which cannot pass fluidly through this constricted passage, so your blood pressure rises. Do you see what you just did to yourself? It is rare to be shrewd in anger. That is why the Bible cautions us not to make decisions in anger.

After speaking with the gentleman, he met me out of the bank and chatted with them again. This time, he apologized to me that he should not have been angry because I was even there first. He could not see why the woman was angry because she came after us and why she wanted to be acknowledged. Many people have heart problems today because of their anger tantrums. Take for example this man and his wife died very young because of anger. He shot his wife and himself in front of his take daughter.

Do you want to have a healthy heart? Most importantly too, do unto others what you want done to you. When you talk to another grown up rudely because they are serving you, you are not doing yourself any favor. “Would you want to be treated that way? You should explain to the representative that, “you made a mistake and did not issue me a letter on a letterhead. I would like one on a letterhead. If most divorcees will keep anger away, their divorces will be peaceful and the long term effect will be minimal. The longer a divorce, the bitter it becomes, and the bitter a divorce, the longer the trauma accrues. The longer the trauma, the more damage it does to your heart. Therefore, my friends, you must stay away from anger. Go to the beach and dance your heart out.



Until then, I wish you long life as you leave anger alone. 

St Arrey of Ntenako.

“Bonyfish beware because the same net that caught the jawless fish, caught the cartilaginous fish” (Hamilton Ayuk). Beware earthly paradise seekers because there is a serpent in every paradise"(Hamilton Ayuk). "It is not how well you know a person; it is how well you treat them that they will live longer and happier with you." Idle people write, idler people read, and idlest people read and whine that idle people are taking their time (Hamilton Ayuk).

Dance for Jesus and you will never suffer?

Sesekou Arrey-Mbi, the honorable Mfor Ngbe of Atlanta,  This is your son speaking! This reply is in relation o the video above. I kn...