Sunday, October 16, 2011

Domestic Abuse Knows No Gender.



This video falls short because it portrays only women as victims of domestic violence. Domestic abuse affects both genders. I used to know a man who was always beaten by his fat wife. She will climb on him and beat him as kids go or come from school stood to watch. So who fights for those men?



One Friday in 2000, I told a former colleague to have a good weekend. He told me that he was not sure to have one. He told me that he did not have a place to live as a result, he slept in abandoned houses. That day I told him to follow me, so he can take one of my rooms. One day he told me he was married and that his wife was in the shelter. He pled everyday for me to allow him to bring the wife to live with him. I accepted, we drove and brought the wife.

Immediately she came, she began fighting with him everyday. One day when I came back home, she had a knife on his stomach saying “ say a word again and I put it inside your f..king belly. The man tried to hold her hand, and she said “do not touch me or I call the police to send your f..king ass back to jail. You know that will be your third strike.” She slapped him and blood was coming out of his mouth. I threaten to call the police, and the husband told me to leave it. I had to finally put them out for fear that by the time I come back from work one day, she must have killed him. Months after they left, the FBI came to my house asking for her. I don’t know if she even killed the poor man. So this video to me is a very biased video because it does not show the sort of all victims of domestic abuse.

I knew a Senegalese who was looking for work. He went and found work in a dry cleaning place. The woman asked him what type of work he wanted. He told her that he wanted anything. The woman asked him to start work the next day. He told us, and we were thankful to God for him until I met him one day. I asked him why he was growing paler and paler. He told me that his job was a poisoned chalice. I said what type of work is that that will make you skinny like this like spaghetti. He said it is some badluck he has picked that he calls a job.

His boss was a nymphomania. She had told him that his job was just to have sex with her. Each time she felt bored and there was no customer, she pulled him behind the counter and asked him to clock in his hours. At first he was excited for the job thinking it will just be once or twice a day until he realized that it was going to be like 3 times or more everyday that he came to work.


Since he did not know the American way of using the mouth, she had to give him bonus to use the mouth. Because the position was not comfortable, his neck began hurting in addition to losing weight. I have not seen him again since 2002, and I don’t even know if he survived.


Therefore, I don’t understand people keep portraying only women as victims of domestic abuse . There are many men who are raped daily by women. Some are killed and others are beaten too. Domestic abuse does not know any boundaries with gender. Both men and women abuse their partners. Women in America have been given too much powers with this abuse thing, and they have used it to run away like a sprinter runs a race. It is time for the laws and the society to regard it as a societal problem that affects both genders. If a Battered Husband Club was formed, there will be many men as members. Who batters them then? Why are they not included in videos like this one?

Until then, wear better lenses to see the source of domestic abuse.


Prince & PA Hamilton Ayuk.

“Bonyfish beware because the same net that caught the jawless fish, caught the cartilaginous fish” (Hamilton Ayuk). Beware earthly paradise seekers because there is a serpent in every paradise"(Hamilton Ayuk). Idle people write, idler people read, and idlest people read and whine that idle people are taking their time (Hamilton Ayuk).

Does Al Franken and Tweeden’s photo speak a thousand words?

Does Al Franken and Tweeden’s photo speak a thousand words? Before the advent of photoshop, a photo spoke a thousand words, but in...