Thursday, July 8, 2010

Living The Talk

Kwin, thanks for your video. There is not a single week a former student or present student doesn’t call, email or text me. I have been to court with some, and others I have visited in their sick beds. Most I have visited in their homes. Others I have looked for work, and some I have actually helped with cash and kind. Most remember I was strict, but at the same time I am caring and compassionate. For the past ten years my disciplinary referrals are not up to a dozen. That is why they can sit back and differentiate between my being strict in class and my care and compassion for them out of class. It is good to talk about Jesus as the answer, but it is better to live Jesus as the answer. We may not be perfect, but we must strive for perfection.

A woman told me what the pastors and leaders of her church did to her, and it left me dumbfounded. Is that being the light of the world, and the salt of the earth? Treat people right, and they will follow your Jesus. Did you see any youth leave the mission while I was the leader? Now, look before I came and after I left. Listen to this: "let your light so shine before men so that they will see your good works and glorify your father who is in heaven".

Kwin, are we still taking strangers into our homes? I mean strangers: someone you do not know. Today people tell you how can I take someone in that I don’t know? They say that you could be hurt. Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it (Mt 17:33. I have always taken people in and though some have stolen from me but the Lord replenished it. The Good Samaritan spirit is disappearing today.

Kwin, a lady and her kids were stuck in a four way intersection. I went and parked by the side to try and push their car off the road. Motorists sat in their cars looking at me. Another one was honking. Two other people realizing I could not push the car by myself quickly joined me to push it off the road. I wanted to say a word to the lady honking at us, and as she passed me, I saw the fish sign on the back of her car. She is a Christian who cannot even step out of her car to help a helpless woman with kids. How man times have you stopped by to help anyone; I mean someone in trouble?

Ma Kwin, Sunday morning I was going to preach in one church when I saw some four black older women by the road side looking bewildered. Their gas was finished. So I stopped by to help and another brother I was giving a ride told me that “brother you have to leave these things when you are with me. I don’t want to go to church late”. Which was more important: going to church on time or helping these daughters of God who were stuck by the roadside? I reminded him of the story of the Good Samaritan. We went and bought the gas and brought to the ladies. They were happy and blessed us as we both went to church. Nowadays there is a common saying that: “don’t talk to strangers”. Doesn’t the bible say be not forgetful to entertain strangers for thereby some have entertained angels (Heb 13:2)?

Erneste, I carried a 55 year old white guy in car so we could go to the ATM for me to give him some money. After about a mile, he began sobbing. You know I am allergic to being quiet, so I then engaged him into a conversation. The he told me that his wife ran away with a young man for 8 years. She came back and lived with them again for two years, and she just ran away again with another guy. He said “she is into that powder and crack stuff. She goes to the church down the street there”. Going to church is not the issue; but living a life that is worthy of church going; a life that shows others you know God.

People, there is one thing I will like everyone to know. If some people cannot sleep because of what you do to them, you will not sleep yourself for fear of what they will do to you. That is why you see oppressors always look for better means to keep the oppressed oppressed because they are afraid of what they will do them. Treat people right and you will sleep in peace not fearing any reprisals.

Until then, treat everybody right.

Prince & PA Hamilton Ayuk.


“Bonyfish beware because the same net that caught the jawless fish, caught the cartilaginous fish” (Hamilton Ayuk).Beware earthly paradise seekers because there is a serpent in every paradise"(Hamilton Ayuk).Idle people write, idler people read, and idlest people read and whine that idle people are taking their time (Hamilton Ayuk).

The Secrets of Leadership.

The secrets of leadership. You know, most people want to be leaders, but very few are really leaders. Leadership is a very simple phen...