Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The God Who Was Never There?

Mothers Day was near but I was not yet settled with what I would buy for my mother. So I began praying. I have told God I don’t want to give someone anything they do not need. Most of my friends know that. So I began praying. I prayed and prayed but felt as if God was not answering my prayers. So one day I was sleeping when someone called me from home. I really don’t like those calls but again I like them. Don’t we say “if someone is not your own person they will neither call nor write you”. Though they wake me up from sleep I still cherish those calls. If anyone told me never write me again or never call me again. Or perhaps they say "take my email off your list". That same hour I delete and expunge it because I never deal with people who don't want me. So I consider those who communicate with me my own people.

Nonetheless, I could no more sleep. So I went on the net to search for gifts for this special Day. Lo and behold I saw a watch that was originally for about $856 now on sale for $78. So I decided to shop for the same product in eBay and ubid and other places to see if I will find it cheaper. I like cheaper prices but quality products. I went to Amazon and other places and compared the prices to make sure I was not someone’s milky cow. All the places gave the upper hand to the price that I initially saw. So I bought it.

So it was Saturday and mom asked me if I know what day was tomorrow. I told her no. She said it is Mother’s Day. Then she joked that if I got old, I will be terrible because I like to forget. So I asked her: “mom what do you want”. She said there is only one thing that she wants. I said "don’t tell me about sending money home to anyone. Tell me what you want and I will buy it". She said she wanted only a watch.

Gainsayers will tell me it is coincidence. Those who know God say it is a miracle of an answered prayer. The God we serve neither sleeps nor slumbers people. He hears each of us when we cry. When you are sad in your soul, crying in your spirit or laughing because your problems are more than you could bear, Jehovah Jireh sees you and hears your cry. He will never fail those who trust him. God does not abandon those who have not abandoned him. Our God knows the intent of our hearts. For the great God is omnipresent and omniscient. I say Jehovah is a Man of war. He will fight your battles if you will cast your burdens unto Him. He is a man who truly cares. Yes, he does! Never and never give up; no matter how the tides may turn against you. Each time you kneel, the Merciful and Almighty God sees your chagrin.

Where are you who says that God is no more there? Who says God has gone on a journey and has not returned? Did you hear my story? Do you see what he does daily in my life? Oh test and see how faithful and trustworthy our God is. He keeps his promises and fulfills even those he did not make to us. At times, he fulfills even the ones our hearts were still pondering about. Please test and see how the Lord is good.
Until then, Jesus never fails so trust in him with all your burdens.
Prince & PA Hamilton Ayuk

“No matter how a rat becomes the house pet, if it is sleeping beside the bag of groundnuts the owner may not have much sleep. ” (Hamilton Ayuk)."If a goat runs from the owner’s leash it will be tied by the council in a market square" Hamilton Ayuk).

My Little Immanuel Church!

Did you see my little Immanuel Church? That sat on top of reformed theology. It was not just the doctrine they taught; It wa...