Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Tentacles of Truth


Agbor-ndip was a prolific farmer who marked all his goats when they reached a certain age. It reached the turn of one goat and it began to run away from the old man. Agbor-Ndip decided to set a leg trap. One day before he came back to the farm the animal was suspended in the air. He brought it down and then this time put a large mark on its back “Why go through all that pain only to be caught back and marked”? He asked the goat. Oh well, many people act like that with truth.

In 2003 a male student complained to me that his football coach did not want to select him for the football team. I asked him if he knew why. He told me they said he can’t run. So I said to him in these words: “son, you need to cut down your weight; you are too fat for your age”! “My mom says I am ok” he retorted. I said: “listen to me; if I do not tell you this then I am failing in my duties to guarantee you a better future”. The whole class murmured and said that was too mean. Allergic to truth I guess!

One day I ran into him in the grocery store. He told me that he had been thinking about what I told him last time. He attempted entering into the army but they rejected him that he was too fat. “I am now eating mostly fruits and vegetables”. I paid for his purchase for that day and encouraged him to keep it up. Had he listened to me before, he would not have lost opportunity of going into the army. He thought he could run away from truth but it ended up catching him.

In 2005 I had a student complained that I did not like her because I kept grading her stuff wrongly. She was not receptive to corrections. She kept complaining and quickly teamed up with other students to slander me. So I left her alone and did no more make any corrections. She passed the class and went to another teacher. She took other Language Arts courses and passed. Then one day she came to me that she has failed the High School Graduation Test twice. I looked at the report; it suggested she works on the same aspects I had recommended. After a third try she was scheduled back into my class so I can help her. Had she faced the truth the first time she would not have wasted all that time after all; all two of her classmates who came and were not even speaking English did so well that they were inducted into the national honor society with GPAs of 3.87 and 3.72. She thought she could run away from truth but it ended up catching her.

Theresia was a mboh girl we grew up together. She had introduced a young man to me and I told her that that guy would not be good to her. She told me that the guy was hot: handsome and with money. There was another youngster that loved her and was ready to die in her place. He used to even treat me so I can sell his case to her. Theresia refused to listen to me and went with the guy she loved most but did not love her most.

After two years of marriage the boy gave her STDs and crowned it with HIV, ran away, and left her to die in solitude. One day Theresia wrote me an epistle as her body awaited the least breath to depart to our Maker. She ended with these words: “I am sorry for not listening to you. Please don’t be angry with me, send me some little money if you have let me try to hold on till my day comes”. Two weeks later she left this world. She thought she could run away from truth but it ended up catching her.

Some people are plain destitute of truth while others cannot just stand truth. They are allergic to truth at all times; they just don’t have any truth in them. Nowadays many people are not known to speak the truth. The banner of the people who fear God should be truth. But if you think that way then you could merely be na├»ve. If anyone would choose the way of truth they will be friends with truth. Those who run away from truth make a life span error since they will still meet Him either as a friend or enemy. But He shall surely catch up with them. To be truthful is to be righteous. Like I always tell people; truth does not need a memory; lies do. If you do not have it; buy it and do not sell it. Truth does not fail so those who do not depart from it, never fall prey to evil.

Until then, run not away from truth for that is the bed of your happiness.

Prince & PA Hamilton Ayuk.

“Go for the person who loves you most and not the one you love most for the one you love most may not give you the love you need most because though love is blind marriage is an eye-opener” (Hamilton Ayuk).

My Little Immanuel Church!

Did you see my little Immanuel Church? That sat on top of reformed theology. It was not just the doctrine they taught; It wa...