Friday, January 9, 2009

New Low in Internet Mischief.

Now those who do not like someone can go and become friends with your friends in a newtwork. Then when you write something to your friend on let's say Facebook, they copy it, appear on forums with a fake name and then try to embarrass you. The world is getting more and more mischievous. Where will someone really live his life in peace? You are in a forum and people who do not even know you use fake names to claim they know you and vent out their tantrums. I guess my friend Mukefor was right that the best way is just to stay away from forums and these public places where you meet useless individuals like this.
The bad thing in this all is that you do not have time to glance through the list of friends that your friends have especially when you see people having 1000 and more friends. I had about 15-20 on Facebook and I considered those too many because what I understand by friendship is different from the lose term people use. When I say I am your friend, I am ready to cry with you in real life when you cry and to be with you when I can. Your problems are my problems, and your joy is my joy. If your car broke down, you can wake me up to come pick you up or stand there with you until triple A or the insurance company sends you another car. That is friendship and not just a place where you come to write how we were drunk at the club yesterday, and this girl was carrying you on her back.
According to what I have heard about things like Facebook is that those friends on these networks just carry the name friends; they are not real friends. There too I have a problem because then we are living an artificial life. That is how you have 1000 people you call your friends, but you are lonely. I better stay alone and know that I have no friends than to have 3 people I call my friends that I cannot see or speak too as friends.
The most devastating effect with this type of behavior is that we forfeit the idea of promise keeping; after all, they are not our real friends. If you are attacked in a forum, you do not know who brought that information to the forum. It will be indicting to even the good people on your list as your friends since you do not know who or through whom that information has been given out. My mother used to say that when you live in a big house and your thing is missing, never say someone stole my thing because you make even the good people feel very guilty and uneasy even though they have no hand in it since they don’t know if you think they are the ones who stole your thing. Just say: "does anyone know where my thing is; I misplaced it!" So in a public forum too you cannot accuse everyone for having given out your information since though it seems private, it is not really private.
Then you have your boss too spying on you, trying to see with whom you hang out and how you hang out. When you are not too savvy on how to play the game and you write anything, then someone has you cheap. The world is getting more and more mischievous people!
Until then, watch your backs.

Prince & PA Hamilton Ayuk.


“Go for the person who loves you most and not the one you love most for the one you love most may not give you the love you need most because though love is blind marriage is an eye-opener” (Hamilton Ayuk).

My Little Immanuel Church!

Did you see my little Immanuel Church? That sat on top of reformed theology. It was not just the doctrine they taught; It wa...