Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Should Prelate Debate On Social Issues?

People always make me laugh when they ask this question. The reason why there are prelates in places and yet the worldly authorities do what they are do is because the preachers have been bewitched that they must be separated from the society. Would anyone tell me the things of men here? There is a domino effect with each malfeasance in a sector of the society. Herewith are the things of God and responsibilities of a true prelate. Three passages should motivate and prompt prelates to comment on issues like Mugabe, Obama, traditional titles and even for them to belong to a given party like the CPDM. The Bible says”
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world (James 1:27).
The atrocities going on in Zimbabwe are not natural but caused by the imperialist hands of the British, European Union and the US. Their actions are afflicting the widows and orphans. For instance, in Cameroon the Cameroon People’s Democratic Party (CPDM) is not the cause of the problems of Cameroonians but Cameroonians themselves. There are people in the opposition who are living in the US but are still receiving their salaries. Many people from the SDF and other parties have encouraged and been involved in bribery and extortion in one way or the other. As such, the problems Cameroon faces is first that of rotten mentality and then of poor governance and mediocre reforms. No doubt president Biya has been a very bad president for Cameroon but him alone would not have ruined the nation if not of the contribution of most who now call him devil incarnate.
Read again this passage below. That is the reason I have the audacity to call to order whoever is misusing traditional titles because these titles influence the wellbeing of the traditional and local community which in turn makes up the greater community and nation at large.
Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me. When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul. Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand (Ezk 3:18-20).
Nonetheless, when I speak and you do not listen I do not shoot you with a rubber gun; rather I keep the pressure up to appeal to your conscience if you have one. I am conscious many people desire to please God but they do not know how to go about it. Perhaps many are asking these same questions below that Micah asked:
Wherewith shall I come before the LORD, and bow myself before the high God? shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old? Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul (Micah 6:6-7)?
In the same passage I will give you the answer:
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God (Micah 6:8).
Now, ladies and gentlemen, tell me how anyone would talk about justice, love and mercy, and humility without delving into politics, customs and traditions, or in short the society knowing that one cannot separate the human being from the society. The human being needs the society to propagate his or her theory whether good or bad. I must talk on the things of the world because I am in the world. Yet there is a difference with loving the world. That is why you have not heard may name on having slept with this woman or that woman as is the case with one lady here whose back seems to have slept on every man’s bed. To keep myself entirely from the world I must leave this world. That is why Jesus instead prayed that God should keep his disciples while they are in the world (Jn 17:15.
Until then, let voiced speak for the voiceless.

Prince & PA Hamilton Ayuk

My Little Immanuel Church!

Did you see my little Immanuel Church? That sat on top of reformed theology. It was not just the doctrine they taught; It wa...