Saturday, April 12, 2008

America: the trumpet is sounding Louder and Louder.

Each time someone says America is sinful daggers from patriotism sheaths are drawn out. But the conclusion of the matter is that America is indeed more wicked than Sodom and Gomorrah. Yet does that mean every American is bad? Not at all! So those who are righteous should thank God they are and those who are sinful should bewail their sins, repent and be baptized for the kingdom of God is at hand. Is the American church corrupt? More than that of the Corinthians! But are there good Christians in these churches? Yes, indeed!
Has America got racism problems? Yes, indeed but not everyone is a racist. Is America trying to implement human rights in the world? Yes! But is she lagging behind herself? You surely bet!
Acknowledging a problem is 50% finding the solution. I do not pamper and cajole those who commit evil simply because they are my cronies or kinfolks.
Last two weeks I was on the line trying to buy some groceries. A young man greeted me and I recognized him as one of my former students. Then he began confessing to me that he is trying to lose weight because he wanted to go to the army but they said he should lose weight. Then he told me: “man, you used to say that man. I will try and pass by the school to see you man. I think about you all the time”. I said: “son you can pass by anytime. I am pleased to see you buying mostly fruits. I will pay the bill for you”. He was so surprised I paid for him.
By the time I told him he was too fat for his age he was looking at me like a mean, arrogant, careless teacher. But if he heard my advice he should not have wasted the time he is wasting to cut down. But then do you know how many I tell them you are too fat for your age and they tell me I am trying to lose weight but I don’t know how and I tell them I could help.
I knew a friend who confessed to me that her family was struggling with obesity. I told her that the number one solution is to curb our appetitive for food and curtail our desire to eat as we see. As we were traveling she kept eating and I asked her if she was eating for eating sake. Like thunder, she exploded and told me she is even kind she would have abandoned me on the road. I kept my mouth shut. Now I know deep in her heart she knows I was right because she has doubled in size from that date.
Good friends are those who speak the truth to you and are able to assist you solve the problem. The style they say it to you does not matter. All you need to hear is the truth and the truth shall make you free. I do not only rebuke America and leave it there. I worked in Downtown Atlanta visiting people in their homes and risking my life in the streets of Ashby Simpson to share bread to homeless. I visited shelters and preached the gospel. I do not only reprimand America but I visit my students in their homes, and assist them in any way I can.
Notwithstanding, if you are a patient you do not need the shape of the medicine to be the way you want before you drink. Whether it is diagonal, rectangular, square, round or whatever shape all that matters is that it is medicine for your body. Therefore my friends do not think I hate America. I want it to be a place where we all can practice "love your neighbor as yourself."

Until then, have a great week.

Prince & PA Hamilton Ayuk.

Does Al Franken and Tweeden’s photo speak a thousand words?

Does Al Franken and Tweeden’s photo speak a thousand words? Before the advent of photoshop, a photo spoke a thousand words, but in...