Sunday, March 2, 2008

Separate the writer from the writing

Dear Reader,

I was discussing with my friend whether to take a nom de plume, sobriquet, penname or nickname for my blog but then I quickly thought that, that would be cowardice and hypocrisy. She was making her point that people do not know how to separate the writings from the writer. For example, though I believe polygamy is not prohibited in the bible it does not mean I am a polygamist or will practice polygamy. No one in my family is a polygamist and no female has been circumcised. Though I do not believe the expression Female Genital Mutilation is well used it does not mean I encourage it or will do it to my daughter.

What I am saying is that we should not extrapolate cultural ethnocentricities as biblical tenets especially where the Bible is mute or clear. I have heard people say: “you are just too nice but what you write seems like you are too mean”. While I believe sin is bad it does not mean I will drive sinners or hate those who manifest some peccadilloes after all every human being does have a flaw and sins.

I believe people should be able to speak their minds and express themselves. The human being is the only being that acts by reason rather than by instincts. If not we will be forming modern zombies. More so, it will be even cowardice to hide yourself behind a sobriquet to speak your mind. That will be drawing us back to USSR under Stalin, China under Mao Tse Tung, Zaire under Mobutu and Uganda under Idi Amin Dada. That is why I discourage anonymous writers and callers.

Therefore, as you read this blog, stay with an open mind and try to understand the spirit behind the blog and the approach the author is taking. God willing in a couple of days I will be answering many questions the church has refused to answer. When I believe in something I tell you I believe in it but when I do not, do not infer. You may be painting a different caricature and you are the bad painter.

Until then, enjoy your week.

Prince & PA Hamilton Ayuk

Southern Cameroons Should Keep Their Schools Closed For Their Own Good.

I hear talks of schools reopening because children can no more stay home. Is it that all those who were arrested have been released, or is...