1. Infosys, Bangalore : An employee applied for leave as follows: Since I have to go to my village to sell my land along with my wife. Please sanction me one-week leave.
2. Another employee applied for half day leave as follows: "Since I've to go to the cremation ground at 10 o-clock and I may not return, please grant me half day casual leave"
3. A leave letter to the headmaster: "As I am studying in this school I am suffering from headache. I request you to leave me today"
4. An incident of a leave letter "I am suffering from fever, please declare one day holiday."
5. Another leave letter written to the headmaster: As my headache is paining, please grant me leave for the day.
6. Covering note: "I am enclosed herewith..."
7. Another one: "Dear Sir: with reference to the above, please refer to my below..."
8. From H.A.L. Administration dept: As my mother-in-law has expired and I am responsible for it, please grant me 10 days leave.
9. Actual letter written for application of leave: "My wife is suffering from sickness and as I am her only husband at home I may be granted leave ".
10. Letter writing: - "I am in well here and hope you are also in the same well."
11. Another gem from CDAC. Leave-letter from an employee who was performing his daughter's wedding: "as I am marrying my daughter, please grant a week's leave .."
12. This is from Oracle Bangalore: From an employee who was performing the “mundan” ceremony of his 10 year old son: "as I want to shave my son’s head, please leave me for two days ..."
13: A candidate's application: "This has reference to your advertisement calling for a 'typist and an accountant - Male or Female'... As I am both for the past several years and I can handle both, I am applying for the post.