Friday, January 18, 2008

Modern Church Healers


While in Yaoundé I had said that Pere Hebga, Mama Marla, late Papa Fosso are all sorcerers and not preachers. For Mama Marla, I went there myself to verify her authenticity because my whole family had not believed by then and were going there thinking she was a woman of God. So I followed my younger sister and when we came back, I said she is from the devil. My sister, her friend who introduced her there and my own friend were very angry. Marla used to give people holy water to take to their houses so they can use against evil spirits. Her threat was that, if you don’t want to use her water don’t throw it, bring it back because if you throw it, you will die. That same day to prove the challenge, I called my sister and friend who stood outside as I poured out the water into the toilet. I had serious fever and was sick for the next three days but I did not go to the hospital because I knew they were demonic attacks. You and I know I am still alive. My mother and sisters were telling me to go back to Marla so she would pray for me. I will smile and say “don’t worry, Marla will be no more”. That prophecy did not take long to come true. She is on the run.

The doctrine of using holy water, crucifixes and other magical wands for healing is pure witchcraft and nothing more. The Bible says “lay your hands on the sick and they shall recover” (Mark 16:18). Holy water is mentioned just once in the Bible. Its usage was a test to uncover infidelity and not for healings or protection as we do today (Num 5:17). People like Moses used the tree stump (Ex 15:25), Elisha used salt to healed the waters (2 Kings 2:21), Jesus used mud to heal the blind man (Jn 9:6-7), Paul’s handkerchief was used on the sick (Acts 19:12) and Peter’s shadow healed the sick too (Acts 5:15). Yet these were not habitual occurrences and standardized methods of healing. They were spontaneous and in most cases were not practiced a second time.

Anyone, using something extra to heal may be imparting demons on you as you have heard and read in many occasions. I mean, even those who use crucifixes in Evangelical and Pentecostal churches. Nowadays most of those people use crucifixes, rings (one large ring like that of a decorated footballer), anointed cloths, or gold swords sold on TV by evangelists. Some of them are just plain fake and have no power in them. They are as good as the ones you make yourself. Theirs is just scamming in the name of God. Be careful when people tell you to stand on a temple or come meet them in a particular place. That is initiation into a cult. You do not need to stand on a special altar for someone to pray for you or for God to heal you. That time when we had to go to the Temple for healings has past. That is why Jesus died so that our bodies can serve as the temple of the Holy Spirit (I Cor 6:19-20) where we can offer sacrifices (Rom 12:1) anywhere anytime.

Our protection is from God. We are in Jesus and Him in God. No one can harm us if God does not permit. If God be for us who can be against us (Rom 8:31)? Remember, Jesus in us is greater than the devil or forces of darkness out there. More so, let us not fear them that can destroy only the body. Let us fear Him that can destroy the body and the soul (Mt 10:28). Let the fear of God consume your soul until the fear of man becomes a distant past. Let God be your healer and protector. By believing in him, making a simple prayer everyday (recommending your life and health into his hands) and living for him are enough for him to be with you even when you walk through the valley of the shadow of death. He that protects you neither sleeps nor slumbers. Your help and protection come from above, from the Father of lights with whom, there is neither variableness nor shadow of turning (James 1:17). Keep trusting Jesus and don’t fall into deception. He will never fail you. He is the best healer and protector the human being can ever afford “without price and without money”.

Until then; believe and trust in the word of the Lord.

Prince & PA Hamilton Ayuk

Southern Cameroons Should Keep Their Schools Closed For Their Own Good.

I hear talks of schools reopening because children can no more stay home. Is it that all those who were arrested have been released, or is...