Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Make 2008 New.

When I was a young preacher I asked one of our area pastors how I could be very effective in any locality. He enumerated three things: don’t touch their money, do not seduce their women and identify yourself with them taking for granted that God is your focus. Though I am not perfect but my detractors cannot make any concrete accusation. One proverb says: find out why you failed and you will not fail again. We all had some dark pages in 2007 that we don’t want to follow us in 2008. Please, make 2008 new!
Humanity’s biggest problem is the attempt to sideline God. In 2008 I have seen cronies and strangers divorce or break up and the theme of predilection: financial differences. Surely you have heard God say: “the LOVE OF MONEY is the root of all evil”. If money is too important than human beings then you will not keep a relationship. Another reason that has broken so many relationships is illicit sex: adultery and others. If sex to you is an exercise in futility that you do indiscriminately then you will soon find out that if relationship was only sex then Hollywood would be in a better predicament unfortunately, if love was shoes, then Hollywood would charter all sizes. Our quest for power has also kept us away from those that would have made us happy. People have faked happiness but as you know: plastic surgery may repair a damaged face but a plastic smile will be insufficient for a miserable life. Deep in you, are you really happy?
Dear friends, just like no one wants to be second class or a spare tire show those you meet that they are special in your life and they will stay for long. Everybody wants to be loved, accepted and valued. These are all Bible concepts for they are summarized in the second most important commandment: “love your neighbor as yourself”. I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread (Ps 37:25). Therefore, “delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart” (Ps 37:4). If you want to be happy, reduce your appetite for money, look at sex as a gift from God to be used properly and show genuine concern for others. In short love God 100% and your neighbor as yourself.
This month I will not post new screeds because I will be reading over my previous posts to correct some of the cosmetic grammatical mistakes I can find. My desire is that my blog will contribute to an extent to the great happiness and peace that eluded you last year. If you are struggling with any addiction, debts, weight or loneliness and you need help please; feel free to write me even anonymously like some do through my email: saintarrey@yahoo.com.

Until then, let your 2008 put real joy in your life.

Prince & PA Hamilton Ayuk

Southern Cameroons Should Keep Their Schools Closed For Their Own Good.

I hear talks of schools reopening because children can no more stay home. Is it that all those who were arrested have been released, or is...