Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Going to America: Part IV


Looking for better education


Going to America: Part IV

The Lord does not fail (V 6-7).

Exposition
In exodus 4:31 we read that the lord came to bless the Israelites. One thing is sure the Lord has never abandoned them. They have not only been patient. Remember he took them to the wilderness because they would not believe in him and will not trust him. The Bible says “the blessings of the Lord they maketh rich and they are not associated with any evil” (Prov 10:22). If it was the Lord’s blessing for Elimelech then he would not have died including his two sons. In Numbers 23:19 Joshua 21:45, 23:14; God has been shown faithful. Therefore, Elimelech had nothing to worry but to trust the Lord. Instead, he quickly thought about running out to the enemy’s land. He did not trust the Lord

Application.
In I Kings 8:56; Solomon said “blessed be the Lord who blessed the people and who fulfilled every word he promised them”. In I Corinthians 1:19, Paul tells the Corinthians that “no human plan of salvation will save man”. He was quoting from Isaiah 29:14 that says “Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid”. I Thessalonians 5:24 says “Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. Titus 1:2 “In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began”
Now after these verses your main concern is the timing. Let us quickly brush through a passage of a prophet who had the same concern. Habakkuk
“Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments” (Habakkuk 3:17-19)
He says that even though nothing seems to work, he will still rejoice than to do the opposite. The Lord will make your feet like hind’s feet. A Hind is the female deer and in the region it was the fastest of animals around. So Habakkuk means that when the Lord finally blesses you, you will progress more than the others as a deer overtakes her other competitors who have been running for long time. Then those places that serve as stumbling blocks that you could not climb, will become your ladder for you to run through. All we need is to wait.

Illustration.
How I came to America.
In 1990, I wanted to come to America .My friend was the cultural attaché in Douala at the American consulate. We preached together in the same church. So he asked me if I wanted to go but then I did not have the money required to go as a business man. I later struggled and got a close associate whose dad had the means so that when he comes he will help me go too. When he went, he forgot me. I kept trying and praying looking for the right opportunities but none showed up. A scholarship program showed up but they required me to change my date of birth. That I refused. I kept praying. In 1997, I bought a hat written America telling God I have prayed standing, I have prayed sleeping to go to The US and please, I can no more pray. I am tired of praying. Let this hat be daily vespers. Everyday I have it on my head know that I am praying. I did all to wear it, sleep with it and took it out only when I was sleeping.
Then one day, two sisters in Christ were going to play the DV. I have played it and nothing worked. I searched for scholarships but not even a fly. So I was already tired. I paid money to one phony company called Service Company that alleges they will look for employment for you and apply for a visa. They too just swindled from me and went their way. Is my story similar to someone out there? I told them I am tired with that America trouble. They insisted and held me by the arm. You cannot resist a lady’s plea can you? I went with them just to please them. I typed my form but I made a mistake when signing it. So I refused I will not type it again. I then filled mine with the pen in all my crooked handwriting. Surprisingly one day I went to the post office and realized that I have won the DV. I did not have money for the papers and those I contacted for help told me their pockets had serious migraines. My younger brother will be the one to help me.
I had the visa and then lost it. But I had promised God I was going to teach for the whole year for free. I could not sleep. So decided to visit a brother Christ In Christ for us to pray. The wife asked me “are you sure it’s not God fighting you from going. Look at you a great preacher; you are going to spoil that talent in America”. I said sister I believe God wants me to go. I am not going to preach. I am going to study. So I went home but still could not sleep. In the morning, I was going to school where I taught. I was sitting in a taxi at Marche Melen when a young man walked passed our taxi, moved forward, backwards and stopped. He said “it seems like I know you.” I knew that many people always tell me they saw me or knew me .So I thought it was the church. Then I said “may be from the church”. He said “no”. I said “well excuse me I am not fine right now. I will talk with you sometime later”. Then he asked me “have you not misplaced anything”? “oh yeah that is why I don’t want to talk” I retorted. “I have lost my passport and visa” I continued with all the sadness on my face. “Wait for me I will be right back” replied the gentleman. After 5 minutes, he brought everything to me intact and the next day I went to America. Was that God?
Gentlemen and gentleladies, the Lord we serve does not fail. He will never fail you. Stay in touch, you are going to hear impossible things. Things science cannot explain. What are you praying for that you think, you will never receive. If you are dead you will not hope but if you are alive, my friend keep hoping in the Lord. Let my testimony boost your faith so you may know the Lord our God does not fail those who trust in him.


Until then, let the Lord be the center of our actions.

Prince and PA Hamilton Ayuk

Southern Cameroons Should Keep Their Schools Closed For Their Own Good.

I hear talks of schools reopening because children can no more stay home. Is it that all those who were arrested have been released, or is...