Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Miss South Carolina


Miss South Carolina
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53dAexGUNlc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaN6Rx8X6_I&mode=related&search
“I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because uh some people out there in our nation don't have maps and uh I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and the Iraq everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for”. (Lauren Caitlin Upton)


As I read her quote over and over again, I can conclude that she was not ready for the question. It could also be due to stage fright or some emotional concern that popped up immediately she was asked the question. It is far from the “Blondes are Dumb” stigma the media is trying to sell to the public.

I just don’t think Lauren Caitlin Upton: Miss Teen South Carolina should be held to such contempt. I have preached since when I was twenty in front of large and small crowds, but there are times when even small crowds trouble me. She was not trained as a public speaker, was not ready for a geography question and I think she did just fine. I believe people should get a life and leave the young woman to try her hands out in a field she is gifted. Aren’t her physiognomy and catwalk good enough to entertain them? Society is becoming more and more very cruel that people whet their appetites with a special schadenfreude.
Look at the America’s most funny videos they are mostly accidents: men hitting their balls, people falling from houses and hitting their heads on poles or something that one would have just been thankful to God for keeping them alive again. That is what makes people laugh; they laugh and even select the most funny among those accident videos. Wow!

I am appalled at the publicity they are giving to her mistake.
Hey, Lauren, keep it up but let this give you the impetus to learn about the world around you.

Until then, I wish you the best in your undertaking.


Prince & PA Hamilton Ayuk

The Secrets of Leadership.

The secrets of leadership. You know, most people want to be leaders, but very few are really leaders. Leadership is a very simple phen...